- Get Help With
- Agency Professionals
- About 2-1-1
- Media Center
- Contact Us
- Chat Now
The HPCC administers the Housing Rehabilitation Program for the Chester County Department of Community Development. The purpose of this county wide program is to help low to moderate income homeowners correct violations of the BOCA Property Maintenance Code, Local and State Codes, and the Section 8 Housing Quality Standards. Violations include, but are not limited to, structural, plumbing, heating and electrical problems. Lead based paint is also addressed in this program. Handicap accessible modifications are also included in this program. Modifications include, but are not limited to, widened doorways, ramps and accessible bathrooms and kitchens.Fees:
Loan Terms: - Maximum loan amount is $25,000. - Interest rate is zero percent (0%). - Lead base paint reduction work is not included in loan amount. - Household income will determine amount of monthly payment required, if any. - Mortgage will be recorded as a lien on the property. - Balance of loan to be paid upon sale, transfer, or refinance of property. Repair work is awarded through a bid process, and jobs are performed by licensed contractors from our approved contractor list. Handicap accessible modifications are also included in this program. Modifications include, but are not limited to, widened doorways, ramps and accessible bathrooms and kitchens.Eligibility:
- Property must be owner occupied.
- Property must be a single-family dwelling, detached, semi-detached, row or condominium.
- All Real Estate Taxes must be current.
- Property must be covered by fire insurance for the life of all loans sufficient to cover the total outstanding indebtedness secured against the property.
- If property is located in a flood plain, the total value of improvements completed must be secured through a Flood Insurance Policy for the term of the loan.
Call for information.
Last Update: October 09, 2015