- Get Help With
- Agency Professionals
- About 2-1-1
- Media Center
- Contact Us
- Chat Now
J-ADD's Respite Care services supports families caring for their loved ones in their own homes. The program is available to families registered and approved for services by the New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities. Upon acceptance to J-ADD, families may have up to three options to choose from:
- In-Home Support: a one-on-one staff member enters the home to provide support
- Community Recreational Activities: hosted in partnering sites, the program offering individuals with special needs interactive and recreational opportunities.
- Cash Reimbursement: a monthly stipend that provides maximum flexibility for caregivers to use their respite funds.
- Voucher Program: J-ADD distributes voucher funds for families referred and approved for voucher funds by the DDD.
- Private Respite: Services may be available to individuals approved for Real Life Choices with the DDD.
Families accepted into the program are typically eligible for 20 hours a month of respite services. In addition, J-ADD contracts with several community sites offering families a host of interactive and recreational activities tailored for individuals with special needs.Fees:
Please call for information.Eligibility:
Open to caregivers and individuals with a developmental disability, who are referred to J-AAD by the New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD).Application Instructions:
A referral to the J-AAD is required from the New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD). Once accepted, clients must complete all required application forms and an in-person interview.
Last Update: May 03, 2017