- Get Help With
- Agency Professionals
- About 2-1-1
- Media Center
- Contact Us
- Chat Now
The Essex County Division on Aging is the primary center for planning, program development, and coordination of services to individuals, ages 60 and over, in the county. The Division's Information and Assistance (I&A) unit is the central source for information and referral for older adults in Essex County. The I&A unit provides information and referral for senior citizens/older adults on available resources including:
- Food: Including home delivery and nutrition sites.
- Health insurance information: Including Medicare and Medicaid
- Telephone reassurance
- Emergency Heating & Cooling
- Financial assistance for seniors and caregivers
- Community agencies and organizations offering specialized services where available
- NJ EASE services including:
* Home care services
* Long term care options
* Nutrition programs
* Adult day care program
* Jersey Assistance for Community Caregivers (JACC): Provides in-home services to qualified seniors who are not eligible for Medicaid or Medicaid Waiver programs and who are at risk of placement in a nursing facility.
* Respite care
The office handles the telephone intake for the home health aide program for eligible older people and for the respite program for caregivers of the elderly. Senior ID cards are also distributed through the office.Fees:
Please call for information.Application Instructions:
Please call for information.
Last Update: April 20, 2016