- Get Help With
- Agency Professionals
- About 2-1-1
- Media Center
- Contact Us
- Chat Now
Health Related Support Services provides individuals with a wide array of programs related to health education and supportive services. Programs include:
- Bereavement Support Group
- Community Health Education: Sponsors hundreds of seminars, screenings and workshops on various health topics. Classes are held on stress management and assertiveness skills for women, diabetes, clinic patient education, sports medicine and stoma clinic, cardiac rehabilitation, smoking cessation, weight loss, CPR, and arthritis. The program will develop specific topics as needed. Many of the sponsored programs work in conjunction with towns or cities.
- New Vitality for Those 50+: Program designed for adults, 50 years and older, that places an emphasis on staying mentally alert, physically active, and emotionally connected. Typical course offerings include Better Bones muscle strengthening classes, Yoga, Tai Chi, golf, "aquacise", computer training, mature drivers' workshop, and courses in long term care insurance, bereavement, and care giving.
- Parenting Education Department: Offers classes on childbirth preparation, baby basics, breast feeding, just for dads, babies first six months, relating to motherhood, as well as a group for new mom.
- Well Spouse Support Group: Support group for wives, husbands and partners of the chronically ill and/or disabled.
- Women to Women Support Group: Support group for women living with cancer. Provides first hand knowledge & support for members in various stages of care, from beginning, middle to several year survivors.Fees:
None for the support groups. The fee for the parenting education program varies by course. Call for more information.Eligibility:
Varies by program. Call for information.Application Instructions:
Varies by program. Call for information.
Last Update: April 18, 2017