- Get Help With
- Agency Professionals
- About 2-1-1
- Media Center
- Contact Us
- Chat Now
The Atlantic County Division of Intergenerational Services operates several supportive programs for senior citizens, and their families, who live in Atlantic County. Services include:
- Caregiver Support Group: Meets on a regular basis, formed to help relieve caregiver stress and to provide peer support, education and information to caregivers, both elderly and non elderly, of older persons.
- Fix-It Program: Available to any senior citizen 60 or older, whose safety is at risk due to the need of handrails and minor home repairs, enabling them to remain living at home.
- Information and Assistance (Call Center): Provides information on such programs as PAAD, Senior Gold, Adult Day Care, Transportation, Home-Delivered Meals, Juvenile and Family Services, Dental Care and Caregiver Support Groups.
- Legal Services: Renders free legal assistance to low-income elderly and disabled residents. Cape-Atlantic will not represent a client if he/she is a defendant in a criminal matter nor will it provide assistance if a person is requesting to sue someone for monetary gain. It will, however, assist people with landlord/tenant issues, wills and living wills, food stamp appeals, domestic matters and consumer fraud matters.
- Medical Day Care: Program offers assistance to any senior or disabled citizen who requires care and supervision in a protective setting for a portion of the day, with emphasis on the physically or cognitively impaired older adults.
- Mental Health Services and Substance Abuse Counseling: program provides mental health and substance abuse services to any senior citizen, 60 years and older with emphasis on psychiatric evaluations, group, individual and couple counseling.
- Recreation and Social Activities: develops and coordinates special trips for senior citizens. While some functions do require participants to pay a nominal fee for special events, senior groups may call to learn of planned activities or suggest special activities.
- State Health Insurance Program (SHIP): provides counseling and assistance to seniors and disabled persons on Medicare regulations and explanations on supplemental or Medigap insurance policies. The counselor is available on a part-time basis and will make home visits and presentations to groups, if requested.
- Social Day Care: program offers assistance to any senior or disabled citizen who requires care and supervision in a protective setting for a portion of the day, with emphasis on the social and recreational activities in a group setting.
- Social Security Administration On-Line Benefit Information: Includes benefit verification letter, payment history and earnings record. Also – provides ability to change address and update direct deposit information and information about other online services, such as applications for retirement, disability and Medicare.Fees:
Please call for additional information.Eligibility:
Most programs are open to senior citizens, aged 60 and older.Application Instructions:
Please call for additional information.
Last Update: July 26, 2017