- Get Help With
- Agency Professionals
- About 2-1-1
- Media Center
- Contact Us
- Chat Now
The Arc of Warren County provides residential services for adult men and women with various developmental disabilities. Currently, the program serves 81 individuals in 14 group homes and 3 supervised apartment programs throughout Warren County.
Through the program, residents are taught how function in the most independent manner possible while learning and maintaining appropriate community social skills. To this end, each individual assists in the development of their annual Individual Habilitation Plan, which includes goals and objectives focused on teaching them the skills they want to learn, in areas that may include recreation, social opportunities, personal care, cooking, and housekeeping.
- Group homes that provide 24-hour supervision by highly trained staff members. They vary in number from 2 to 7 individuals, depending on the home. Each resident is encouraged to be as independent as possible, but with the constant support and supervision of staff.
- Supervised apartments that offer a more independent living setting. Each apartment houses 2 to 3 individuals. Staff supervision and guidance are provided as needed. These individuals are also taught specific skills, but the instruction is geared toward helping the individuals to reach a greater level of independence.
- Challenger Grants administered to those that live with their family or completely on their own. These specialized funds provide people with individualized supports, as their needs warrant. These may include staff support to assist with doctor appointments or transportation, financial support, or a combination. The agency assists nearly 20 people through Challenge Grants.
All community-based residential programs rely upon an extensive support system, including:
- 2 full-time Nurses
- 2 Behavior Specialists
- A Quality Assurance Coordinator
- An Individual Habilitation Plan Coordinator
The agency also offers 2 specialized day programs which serve several residents.Fees:
Please call for information.Eligibility:
Open to individuals with developmental disabilities who reside in Warren County. Individuals must be eligible for services by the New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) and be referred to the Arc of Warren County for services.Application Instructions:
A referral is required from the New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD). Please call the main office for more information.
Last Update: July 26, 2017