- Get Help With
- Agency Professionals
- About 2-1-1
- Media Center
- Contact Us
- Chat Now
The Berkeley Senior Center & Outreach provides the following services to senior citizens, ages 60 and older:
- NJ Ease Access Site: Provides easy and local access to services and programs for senior citizens. Services include information & referral, a one-stop eligibility screening for a wide range of programs-such as PAAD, Lifeline, utility assistance, and others, and outreach visits in the home, if need, to provide eligibility screening and assessment. (Aging and Disability Resource Center)
- Home Delivered Meals: A noon-time meal will be sent to homebound elderly who are unable to prepare a meal for themselves; and who have no other person to prepare a meal for them.
- Lunch Program
- Adult Social Day Care: for seniors with Alzheimer's disease or related memory disorder.
- Transportation Services: Includes scheduled shopping trips, medical appointments, and senior center trips.
- Legal Counseling
- Outreach & Benefits Counseling: trained Outreach Workers visit elderly in their homes to determine their needs and to provide them with information about benefits and services for the elderly
- S.H.I.P. Program: provide assistance understanding coverage, payments and benefits of private insurance plans and Medicare
- Caregiver Support Program: programs for caregivers include:
- Information about available services
- Assistance in gaining access to supportive services
- Individual counseling, organization of support groups, and caregivers to assist the caregivers in making decisions and solving problems relating to their caregiver's roles
- A monthly caregivers workshop
- Fitness Classes
- Monthly activities and programs
- AARP Income Tax Assistance
Open to senior citizens, ages 60 and older, who reside in Beachwood, Berkeley, Lacey, Ocean Gate, Pine Beach, or South Toms River.Application Instructions:
A one day advanced notice reservation is required for the lunch program and transportation service. Appointments must be made in advanced for legal counseling and the S.H.I.P. program. Please call for more information.
Last Update: July 18, 2016