- Get Help With
- Agency Professionals
- About 2-1-1
- Media Center
- Contact Us
- Chat Now
Bucks County Department of Community Services - Military Affairs provides temporary emergency funds for the necessities of life to assist honorable discharged Pennsylvania veterans of any war or armed conflict, or the widow and infant children or dependents of such veterans as are sick or disabled and who are without means. The maximum period for granting emergency assistance is three months. Assistance is authorized for food, dairy, shelter, fuel and clothing. Applications may be made through the county Department of Veteran Affairs.Fees:
Call for information.Eligibility:
Eligibility requirements are:
- Veterans must be unemployed and in need.
- An honorably discharged veteran must have served in the Armed Forces of the United States during the established war-service dates or during peacetime hostile fire or terrorist attack as determined by the Department of Military Affairs
- Veteran must be a resident of Pennsylvania at time of application.
- Veteran must have been employed immediately prior to emergency or have a recent loss of income within the past 180 days prior to date of application.
- Upon recent death of the veteran, widows and orphaned children are eligible, provided veteran would have been qualified prior to death.
- Application must not be receiving financial aid from public assistance.
For information about services, please contact the Neshaminy Manor Center, the Bucks County Government Services Center, and/or the Quakertown Government Services Center for more information.
Last Update: March 22, 2016