- Get Help With
- Agency Professionals
- About 2-1-1
- Media Center
- Contact Us
- Chat Now
Alliance Center for Independence (ACI) offers a variety of programs to individuals with disabilities. Core programs include:
- Independent Living Skills: ACI provides Independent Living Skills instruction such as budgeting, use of public transportation, activities of daily living, preparation of driving tests and others skills that emphasize independence in a person’s home and community.
- Information & Referral: Information and referral for individuals seeking services that cater to the disabled.
- Individual/Systems Advocacy: The ACI staff assists individuals by providing the skills to advocate for themselves while also offering one on one assistance. ACI supports county based advocacy groups and workshops that create changes on the local, county and state level that affect the lives of all people with disabilities.
- Peer Support: ACI offers monthly support groups and workshops offering people with disabilities opportunities for friendship while exploring options to improve their lives.
In addition, ACI also provides:
- Volunteer Office Skills Program: Trains clients to improve typing skills, event planning, public speaking, fundraising, etc.
- Health and Wellness: Workshops on topics related to nutrition classes, vision screenings, health fairs and more.
- Jaws Training: A screen reader program that speaks the text on the computer for people who are Blind or Visually Impaired.
Call for information.Eligibility:
Individuals with disabilities and their families.Application Instructions:
Call for information.
Last Update: July 31, 2017