Latest News For You | For Agency Professionals
Our Work | Who
Is Using 2-1-1 | 2-1-1 & Local
Government | 2-1-1 & 9-1-1 | 2-1-1
Standards of Excellence
2-1-1 is a free, statewide system designed to connect people in need of assistance with service providers who can help, while adhering to standards and procedures that focus on compassionate concern and client-driven response. You can expect to find the following:
- 24-hour coverage, seven-days a week, 365-days a year
- Toll-free access for callers
- Computerized database with data collection capabilities that provides current information on state and local community resources
- Accessibility to all with an infrastructure in place to respond to callers who speak languages other than English and those who are disabled.
- Resource Specialists who have been trained to provide compassionate care with the goal of helping every client develop a realistic action plan and find solutions
- Assess a caller's needs
- Research to find answers to questions
- Determine eligibility for services
- Direct the caller to the appropriate service provider(s)
- Follow-up with callers to ascertain whether or not their needs were
met or if additional assistance is necessary
Pick up the phone and dial 2-1-1 when you need help.
You are encouraged to dial “2-1-1” 24 hours a day, seven days a week if you need help in understanding and finding available assistance services. Language translation and TTY services are offered to any caller. You can also
search the database of services in your local community or Chat Live with an experienced community resource specialist. 2-1-1 will help identify with you the best local resources to fit your individual needs during times of financial distress or for life’s everyday situations.
Page last reviewed/modified 8.20.12