Working Poor Benefit from EITC
Agency Professionals offer Vital Link
The EITC (Earned Income Tax Credit) is a special federal and state tax benefit designed to help clients of yours who meet income eligibility requirements. It can:
- increase tax refunds
- decrease the amount of taxes that are owed
- possibly provide a refund even if taxes are not owed
Learn more about EITC.
You can spread the word about EITC so that New Jersey's neediest will benefit this year more than ever before. Here's how:
- Print and distribute this EITC flyer.
- Talk with your clients about the EITC program.
- Help your clients find the closest VITA site and learn what to bring to the appointment so that they can get assistance applying for this tax credit.
- Post tax information links on your agency website.
- Host tax training seminars on EITC eligibility during the tax filing season. (A speaker will be provided if needed.)
Call 2-1-1 to learn more about this program and VITA site locations. VITA site information for the 2016 tax year is accessible here. This listing is being updated daily. As soon as sites are established, their location is posted to this section of our website.
Page last modified/reviewed on December 20, 2016
If you know of additional resources that would be appropriate to include in this section, please let us know by contacting us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
back to top