Community Support and Resources
Family Success Centers are community-based, family-centered, neighborhood gathering places where any community resident can go for family support, information and services. Centers are designed to enrich the lives of children by strengthening families and neighborhoods; provide integrated, locally-based services; reduce isolation and promote connections among family and community, and provide services in a warm and welcoming environment. Services are provided at no charge.
Core Services Include
- Access to information on child, maternal and family health services, including linkage to publicly-funded health insurance programs and referrals to local health care services
- Development of "Family Success" plans, which address strengths and challenges and goals to address challenges which threaten to undermine family stability
- Economic self-sufficiency/employment-related services/income security services
- Information & Referral Services (connection to off-site public and private resources)
- Life Skills training including the teaching of skills involving budgeting, nutrition, etc.
- Housing-related services
- Parent education
- Parent-child activities
- Home visiting, consistent with the model of engagement approved by DCF's Family and Community Partnerships.
Find your Local Family Success Center
You can find a Family Success Center in your county by searching the NJ 2-1-1 resource database at the top of this page using the search term family success center or by accessing the information from New Jersey's Department of Children and Families website.