Transportation Assistance for Victims of Ida Flooding
Please note that translation services are available on each of our pages including resource details in the guided search. Select the preferred language from the Select Language drop down menu in the top right corner of the webpage.
United Way Worldwide, Lyft, Uber, and NJ 211 are partnering to provide rides to individuals who have lost or damaged vehicles as a result of the flooding from Tropical Storm Ida. The Ride United - Tropical Storm Ida Program addresses a short-term, immediate need for individuals who require assistance with accessing rides for essential services including employment, food, prescriptions, medical appointments, car replacement, and financial assistance.
Eligibility for Rides
- Individuals who have lost or damaged personal vehicles due to flooding from Tropical Storm Ida
- New Jersey resident traveling within New Jersey
Types of Rides
- Medical Appointments
- Food Access
- Financial Assistance
- Car Replacement
- Due to high demand, rides are limited to one round-trip ride per person
- Must be 18 years or older; minors must be accompanied by an adult
- Rides may be free or reduced cost
- Ride is defined as one-way
- Request ride at least 24 hours in advance
Ride can be up to 25 miles from pick-up location
Rides available while supply lasts
Additional Ride United - Tropical Storm Ida Program FAQS.
Ride United Request Forms
A NJ 211 representative will contact you with ride confirmation information within 24 hours of form submittal. If you receive a coupon code, our text message to you will state whether it is an Uber or Lyft code. You will need to use the corresponding mobile app to redeem your code.