Code Blue Alert - NJ Warming Centers

Senior Pass at Parks and Recreation Sites

Senior Pass (once known as a Golden Age Passport) is a lifetime entrance permit for persons age 62 or older, to federal recreation sites including national parks, monuments, historic sites, recreation areas, and national wildlife refuges which normally charge entrance fees.

It also provides the pass holder a 50 percent discount on federal use fees charged for facilities and services such as parking, camping, boat launching, etc. In recreation areas that charge entrance fees by the carload, the Senior Pass admits the permit holder and a carload of accompanying persons. In areas where individual entry fees are charged, the pass admits the permit holder and up to 3 adults. Children under 16 are admitted for free.

Obtaining a Senior Pass

The Pass can be obtained in person or online and is available at most federally operated recreation areas. There is a one-time processing charge and proof of age must be supplied. You can purchase a Senior Pass at these locations.

Learn more about the national park service and locate parks and recreation areas throughout the country. Download a Senior Pass application.

Research Sources Included